Entrepreneurs Hub is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Entrepreneurs Hub may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018
The current protection law as of May 25th 2018 highlights that there are a number of conditions why companies may collect data.
- Contract – if you have contractually engaged with our company we will need to process your data to deliver services as agreed
- Consent – if you have given us consent to process your data. E.g. Requested further information on our services, reserved a place at one of our events or requested a download from our site.
- Legitimate Interest – As part of running our business the legislation allows us to process personal data. Such as making recommendations or suggestions to you regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. This does not affect your freedom of rights and you can request changes or that the data we hold on you is erased
- Legal compliance – where we have a legal requirement to process personal data
At what point do we collect your data?
- When you visit our site and complete any of the contact forms or survey tools
- When you book on to any of our events
- When you follow or engage on any social media platforms we use
- At appointments with any of our team
- When we engage in a contractual arrangement to carry out our services
- When you contact us, or we contact you by email, phone, or mail
- When we identify information via data resources or publicly available information from companies
- When approach you with acquisition opportunities
- When you provide us with acquisition criteria for your business
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and or tools on this site
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about our services, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can request we amend the data we hold for you which may need to verified
- You can request that we refrain from including you on our marketing communications. E.g. Click on the opt out link on our emails.
You may request at any time for us to remove your details from our system – we take any requests very seriously. We will need to maintain basic information to ensure we do not send you any communications in the future.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
GDPR is regulated by Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you would like further information please go ico.org.uk. You do have the right to make a complaint by contacting them. However, if you have any concerns please do contact the Entrepreneurs Hub first – we will take your concerns seriously and address the issue wherever we can.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
Cookies used on this website
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the:
Head of Data (Controller) / Tim Allaston
Entrepreneurs Hub Ltd,
15 Winchester Road,
Basingstoke, Hants, RG21 8UE
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email ([email protected]) or please write to us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.