It took 12 months to find a buyer that Distec Ltd was happy to sell to, Kamic Group AB, and 3 months to fully complete the deal. An experienced and approachable team of corporate finance experts at Entrepreneurs Hub supported them throughout the entire process, including:
Malcolm Murray, Director and Co-founder
Malcolm is an established corporate finance consultant, entrepreneur and accomplished motivational speaker who has had direct involvement in supporting the sale of 45 businesses. He leads regular seminars such as ‘Preparing and Selling a Business the Right Way: Vital Steps in Building Value’. He has consulted with over 1,000 business owners considering selling companies of all sizes.
- 30 years’ experience in business growth roles in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Business Consultancy, Manufacturing, • Engineering, Information Services, Automotive, Retail and Construction sectors
- Former Senior Manager and Group Board Director of a leading international M&A business
- A founding member of a successful company with James Caan (ex-Dragons’ Den), CEO of Hamilton Bradshaw Private Equity (HBPE)
- Co-founder of FI, an Information Service for the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, which he grew from 4 to 165 people, operating in the UK, the USA and Germany (partsold for $10.8m)
- Active community volunteer and trainer for Basingstoke Street Pastors
Andrew Shepperd, Director and Co-founder
Andrew is a successful entrepreneur, mentor, lecturer and specialist in both buy and sell-side transactions, including IPfocused sales. He oversees the Entrepreneurs Hub deal-making team and has first-hand knowledge of selling and acquiring businesses, including post-acquisition integration. Andrew has over three decades’ commercial leadership experience.
- Former MD of Avaya and Azlan and main board member of TechData UK
- Lecturer on M&A and Investment and Advisory Board Member of the Imperial College London Global MBA and Entrepreneurship MSc programme
- Mentor to MassChallenge, Microsoft Ventures Accelerator and the Swiss Embassy in London
- Has coached over 100 organisational leaders on communication strategy, turnaround, profit & revenue growth, and business operations, including not-for-profit organisations such as Buckinghamshire County Council and UK National Police College
- Leader of 5 organisational turnarounds for Nasdaq and NYSE quoted companies