Andrew Shepperd, Director and Co-founder
Andrew is a successful entrepreneur, mentor and lecturer. He is highly experienced in both buy and sell-side transactions, including Intellectual Property focused sales. He oversees the Entrepreneurs Hub deal-making team and has first-hand knowledge of post-acquisition integration as well as selling and acquiring businesses. Andrew has over three decades’ commercial leadership experience.
- Former MD of Avaya and Azlan and main board member of TechData UK
- Lecturer on M&A and Investment, and Advisory Board Member of the Imperial College London Global MBA and Entrepreneurship MSc programme
- Mentor to M12, Microsoft Ventures’ Accelerator and to the Swiss Embassy in London
- Has coached over 100 organisational leaders on communication strategy, turnaround, profit & revenue growth, and business operations, including not-for-profit organisations such as Buckinghamshire County Council and the UK National Police College
- Leader of 5 organisational turnarounds for Nasdaq and NYSE quoted companies
On this project Andy’s initial mandate was for company strengthening and growth. He took up a Board function very early on and led the provision and implementation of their Business Improvement Plan. Major changes resulted in increased revenue and profitability. The two most outstanding contributions were in productising the company’s offerings – with a move to SAAS on a subscription basis, and with increasing market coverage, particularly in the USA. Andy served as Non-Exec with DWS for four years. Also acting as host for the annual company strategic meetings.
Tim Allaston, Director
Tim has a vast range of expertise that he has fine-tuned during his 30-year career to date. He brings the extensive knowledge he’s accrued to the Entrepreneur’s Hub team, helping businesses of all types discover how they can prepare for – and achieve – their most successful sale. His experience spans from IT to professional services, big data & data analytics to utilities. It also includes significant engagement with social networking, beauty, leisure, construction, and engineering!
- Instrumental in the strategic growth of many start-ups, MBOs and high-profile companies
- Skilled in consulting from both a commercial and operational perspective
- Previously part of the founding team that built a large IT Services business, later acquired by a significant IT distributor and services company
- Highly adept negotiator with proven techniques that achieve the best price and terms for clients
- An agile networker and Entrepreneurs Hub seminar contributor
Tim was involved with the client from the very beginning, building trust, harvesting crucial information and turning both into the substance of high-level contact with prospective acquirers. Tim and the team conducted a high level ‘off-market’ exercise in order to identify the ideal acquirer/s. This required in-depth research and analysis, followed by a substantial period of relationship building with LogiGear, the top-rated prospective purchaser.
Pete Maude, Project Director
Peter’s career began at KPMG and he has since held several senior financial positions, including ten years as Finance Director for Ubisoft. He is known for his focus on financial planning and analysis, coming from a strong commercial finance and planning background with companies such as Virgin and Woolworths plc.
This experience is operational experience as well as commercial, with exposure to emerging markets such as Russia, Poland and India. Peter has the ability to work well with business owners of organisations, ranging from start-ups to large Plcs; to quickly understand their business and to help identify areas for improvement and plan for growth. He provides support for various not-for-profit communities and organisations across India.
In the case of this project, Pete was embedded to work with the shareholders on strengthening the financials pre-sale. He uprated financial controls and financial reporting during this time. During the transaction Pete supported the Due Diligence and communicated FD to FD with the acquiring business.
Administration at Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.