If you’re thinking of selling construction business, you might be wondering if now is the best time to do it. Are you concerned that the current state of the market would stop you from getting the best price for the company you’ve worked so hard to build?
Over recent years, a changing political landscape has meant cuts to government funding for social infrastructure as well as economic fluctuations that have affected private investor confidence. Uncertainty has resulted in postponed or cancelled development plans and a contraction in tender opportunities.
But the good news is that there’s no greater certainty than change. Potential acquirers are always keeping one eye on the horizon and looking for businesses with growth potential…
A brighter future ahead
According to a recent report from Ibis World on Commercial Building Construction in the UK, over the five-year period through to 2024-25, revenue is forecast to increase at a compound annual rate of 5.6% to reach just over £25.3 billion.
- Government expenditure is expected to rise as the government commits to fund capital procurement frameworks supporting the delivery of healthcare and education facilities
- Development, construction and renovation is also likely in the social housing sector
- New policy intended to stimulate capital investment could re-ignite the commercial real estate market e.g. the Structures and Building Allowance launched in 2018
- Renewed commitment to projects will stimulate momentum in the construction sector supply chain e.g. materials, sub-contractors
Get ready to be a part of opportunities in the construction sector
If your company is part of the construction sector or its supply chain, Entrepreneurs Hub can get you prepared to make the most of these potential opportunities – creating an attractive proposition that will help you find a suitable buyer and sell for maximum value when the time is right.
Book a free Shareholder Evaluation Session with an Entrepreneurs Hub Director where we will:
- provide an independent view of your construction business, with no obligation and in the strictest confidence
- review your business for saleability
- identify any barriers to growth and exit
- discuss valuation methodologies and current models for valuing your construction company
- talk through your exit plans and options, including the best time to sell your construction business
- supply a highly valuable Entrepreneurs Hub Shareholder Options Report
The confidential meeting can be at your offices, one of ours or at another suitable location.