Entrepreneurs Hub advises on the sale of PA Group to RSK Group
Type of business:
Asbestos Inspection, Testing, Removal Specialist and Remediation
Established in 2007 PA Group UK Ltd are a multi-disciplined HSE licensed asbestos removal and UKAS accredited asbestos inspection and testing contractor, providing clients in the public and private sectors, a flexible and comprehensive portfolio of asbestos services.
The company prides itself on protecting the best interests of their clients and their associated parties through sharing their professional knowledge and overseeing its implementation through revised best practice.
Fully committed to ensuring clients fully understand their duty to manage asbestos and assist them in legislative compliance with the latest regulations (CAR 2012).
The companies service portfolio has evolved to reflect the demands of the modern built environment, and the individual requirements of their clients.
The asbestos industry is highly regulated and driven by ever increasing legislative standards. Recognising the potential to expand, PA Group UK Ltd CEO Chris Miller- Hanna sought the help of Entrepreneurs Hub to find a buyer who could incorporate their offering into a wider organisation, so that the business could evolve in new directions, reassured by the knowledge that Entrepreneurs Hub had experience in this sector.
- The owner Chris Miller-Hanna knew this was the right time to sell his business
- Identify an organisation with the scope to take PA Group UK Ltd services to a wider market by acquiring them
- Find a buyer with shared values of technical excellence and professionalism
- Understand how to capitalise on the needs of a demanding and highly regulated market
- Help with navigating every stage of the pre-sale and sale process, including valuation, marketing, due diligence, negotiation, and agreement of the final deal
Entrepreneurs Hub Directors helped PA Group UK Ltd achieve a successful deal using the following process:
- Devised a tailored plan for exit following a ‘discovery day’ to learn about all facets of the business
- Researched and shortlisted potential acquirers in the fire protection space
- Created an information memorandum, teaser letter and presentation to enhance acquirer interest in the business
- Approached approved targets anonymously to gain interest
- Secured a non- disclosure agreement (NDA) to enable the release of the information memorandum to approved targets
- Arranged and chaired meetings between a top Deal Director from Entrepreneurs Hub and interested buyers
- Closely evaluated multiple offers to establish the preferable choice of buyer, which led to further negotiations to maximise those offers
- Agreed heads of terms
- Finalised a successful sale to RSK Group, a multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy and provider of technical support services
- Successful sale – PA Group UK Ltd sold to RSK Group a multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy and provider of technical support services with an extremely strong presence in the UK
- New opportunities for PA Group UK Ltd awaits as they become part of a national player specialising in environmental science, research, engineering and technical services.
- Able to realise their potential in this highly regulated industry with the support of a larger group
- Enhanced profile and portfolio for RSK Group – continued investment in UK companies such as PA Group UK Ltd, further demonstrates their growth aspirations and a leading provider of multidisciplinary environmental services
- Aligned values of technical excellence and professionalism will create a positive opportunity for further growth
Malcolm Murray, Director and Co-Founder
Malcolm is an established corporate finance consultant, entrepreneur and accomplished motivational speaker who has who has had direct involvement in supporting the sale of 45 businesses. He leads regular seminars such as ‘Preparing and Selling a Business the Right Way: Vital Steps in Building Value’. He has consulted with over 1,000 business owners considering selling companies of all sizes.
- 30 years’ experience in business growth roles in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Business Consultancy, Manufacturing, Engineering, Information Services, Automotive, Retail and Construction sectors
- Former Senior Manager and Group Board Director of a leading international M&A business
- A founding member of a successful company with James Caan (ex-Dragons’ Den), CEO of Hamilton Bradshaw Private Equity (HBPE)
- Co-founder of FI, an Information Service for the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, which he grew from 4 to 165 people, operating in the UK, the USA and Germany (27% for $10.8m)
- Active community volunteer and trainer for Basingstoke Street Pastors and Ascension Trust
Andrew Shepperd, Director and Co-founder
Andrew is a successful entrepreneur, mentor, lecturer and specialist in both buy and sell-side transactions, including IPfocused sales. He oversees the Entrepreneurs Hub deal-making team and has first-hand knowledge of selling and acquiring businesses, including post-acquisition integration. Andrew has over three decades’ commercial leadership experience.
- Former MD of Avaya and Azlan and main board member of TechData UK
- Lecturer on M&A and Investment and Advisory Board Member of the Imperial College London Global MBA and Entrepreneurship MSc programme
- Mentor to MassChallenge, Microsoft Ventures Accelerator and the Swiss Embassy in London
- Has coached over 100 organisational leaders on communication strategy, turnaround, profit & revenue growth, and business operations, including not-for-profit organisations such as Buckinghamshire County Council and UK National Police College
- Leader of 5 organisational turnarounds for Nasdaq and NYSE quoted companies
Let’s talk about how we can help you get ‘exitready’ and sell your business for maximum value. Make a confidential, no obligation call to one of our directors on : 0845 067 8678 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you
Now you’ve learned a bit more about our services, please get in touch to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.