Established in 1999, Elite Fire Protection specialises in all aspects of fire safety; offering a complete range of products and services, from fire alarms and fire extinguishers to training and risk assessments.
At the forefront of the fire safety industry, they provide high quality services for a wide variety of commercial clients across a number of fields, including commercial offices, retail environments, schools, cafes and restaurants, construction companies, media organisations and many more.
The fire safety and protection industry is a fast growth market, driven by increasing legislative standards in new build and refurbishment markets and new technology. Recognising the potential to expand, Elite Fire Protection’s Managing Director, Darrel Jones sought the help of Entrepreneurs Hub to find a buyer who could incorporate their offering into a wider organisation, so that the business could evolve in new directions. He was reassured by the knowledge that Entrepreneurs Hub has experience in this sector.
- Identify an organisation with the scope to take Elite Fire Protection’s products and services to a wider international market by acquiring them
- Find a buyer with shared values of technical excellence and professionalism
- Understand how to capitalise on the needs of a growth market in new build and refurbishment
- Help with navigating every stage of the pre-sale and sale process, including valuation, marketing, due diligence, negotiation, and agreement of the final deal
Entrepreneurs Hub Directors helped Elite Fire Protection achieve a successful deal using the following process:
- Devised a tailored plan for exit following a ‘discovery day’ to learn about all facets of the business
- Researched and shortlisted potential acquirers in the fire protection space
- Created an information memorandum, teaser letter and presentation to enhance acquirer interest in the business
- Approached approved targets anonymously to gain interest
- Secured a non- disclosure agreement (NDA) to enable the release of the information memorandum to approved targets
- Arranged and chaired meetings between a top Deal Director from Entrepreneurs Hub and interested buyers
- Closely evaluated multiple offers to establish the preferable choice of buyer, which led to further negotiations to maximise those offers
- Agreed heads of terms
- Finalised a successful sale to Scutum Group, an international electronic security company
The friendly team of corporate finance consultants at Entrepreneurs Hub supported Elite Fire Protection throughout the entire exit process. Their expert advisors included:
Malcolm Murray, Director and Cofounder
Malcolm is an established corporate finance consultant, entrepreneur and accomplished motivational speaker who has who has had direct involvement in supporting the sale of 45 businesses. He leads regular seminars such as ‘Preparing and Selling a Business the Right Way: Vital Steps in Building Value’. He has consulted with over 1,000 business owners considering selling companies of all sizes.
- 30 years’ experience in business growth roles in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Business Consultancy, Manufacturing,
- Engineering, Information Services, Automotive, Retail and Construction sectors
- Former Senior Manager and Group Board Director of a leading international M&A business
- A founding member of a successful company with James Caan (ex-Dragons’ Den), CEO of Hamilton Bradshaw Private Equity (HBPE)
- Co-founder of FI, an Information Service for the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, which he grew from 4 to 165 people, operating in the UK, the USA and Germany (partsold for $10.8m)
- Active community volunteer and trainer for Basingstoke Street Pastors
Andrew Shepperd, Director and Co-founder
Andrew is a successful entrepreneur, mentor, lecturer and specialist in both buy and sell-side transactions, including IP-focused sales. He oversees the EH dealmaking team and has first-hand knowledge of selling and acquiring businesses, including post-acquisition integration. Andrew has over three decades’ commercial leadership experience.
- Former MD of Avaya and Azlan and main board member of TechData UK
- Lecturer on M&A and Investment and Advisory Board Member of the Imperial College London Global MBA and Entrepreneurship MSc programme
- Mentor to MassChallenge, Microsoft Ventures Accelerator and the Swiss Embassy in London
- Has coached over 100 organisational leaders on communication strategy, turnaround, profit & revenue growth, and business operations, including not-for-profit organisations such as Buckinghamshire County Council and UK National Police College
- Leader of 5 organisational turnarounds for Nasdaq and NYSE quoted companies
- Successful sale – Elite Fire Protection sold to Scutum Group, a privately-owned electronic security company with a strong presence in Western Europe, including the UK
- A whole new world of opportunities for Elite Fire Protection awaits as they become part of an international player in the growing market of fire safety and protection
- Able to realise their potential in this market as legislative standards in new build and refurbishment markets develop and new technology emerges
- Enhanced profile and portfolio for Scutum Group – recent investment in UK companies such as Elite Fire Protection has now placed them as one of the top four largest electronic security companies in the UK (based on the number of monitored sites)
- Aligned values of technical excellence and professionalism will create a positive and productive culture, allowing everyone to thrive